Posted By admin on May 8, 2014
When trying to find a roofer Calgary, you should avoid merely picking one out of the phonebook and instead take the extra steps to research your options. Hiring the wrong company could mean you have to pay extra for better roofer to fix the problems caused by the inexperienced contractor. The following tips can help protect you from a bad roofer.
• Get recommendations from family and friends. Use the power of the internet to research the contractors and read the reviews submitted by people who have worked with the roofing company.
• Choose at least three different roofers and have them submit a proposal on the project. Only consider proposals in writing and not merely word of mouth. Also, ask if the price quote is a bid or estimate. A bid is the actually amount that they will complete the job for, while a estimate is their best guess as to what the job will cost to complete.
• Avoid jumping at the lowest bid and instead compare the experience and testimonials from previous customers. Also, take into consideration any hidden costs, fee or extra charges that will be could be added onto the proposal.
• Ensure that the company you choose has the required insurance and registration. Ask the company to show you their contractor’s registration number. This means they have the legal credentials required to operate in the area.
• Find out when payment for the project is due. Some companies require a certain percentage paid upfront before they will begin. Others want the payment paid in full within 10 to 30 days after the job is completed.
From a new roof to replacing the exterior siding Calgary, due diligence and research will help you find a reputable roofer that you can trust.